Monday, September 22, 2008

Additional Equipment

Some additional stuff for the letterboxing pack:
  • Work gloves
  • Canteen
  • Stout Walking Stick
Also, I really want to trade my backpack in on a satchel of some sort. Initially I wanted to get an Indiana Jones style satchel as recreated by What Price Glory. It is beautifully done and it appeals to my aesthetics, but it does not compensate for my organizational shortfallings. Currently I am contemplating the Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack if I can find one cheap. The fact that I cannot find these for bargain prices may indicate that are really good, but I am holding out. I may just go back to the Indiana Jones satchel.

UPDATE: Since I was able to find one in Maxpedition's least militaristic color-scheme, the khaki and foliage two-tone, I opted for the Fatboy. The Indy satchel will have to wait for another day! All-in-all, I really think that this is the best choice for the job.

Additionally, I have been carrying one of my most prized possessions whilst letterboxing, my grandfather's Irish blackthorn walking stick. It is the finest example of a blackthorn stick that I have ever seen, and it is a stout and trusty walking companion. The stick that I use for letterboxing, however, will need to be subjected to some minor abuse, and I want to feel comfortable so abusing it, so I think that the blackthorn will go back into reserve for gentler walks, and I will find a replacement for letterboxing purposes. More to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment